At our Patient Advocacy Workshop this year, we left our advocates with a challenge: utilize the tools we shared to create a designed social media post or video that expresses how you feel about your Ponto.
We were so incredibly impressed as the submissions rolled in. Here are some of the submissions from our incredibly creative community members—including the first place winning submission below!
- Anthony Smith shares how his Ponto makes him feel in this great (and super cute) video.
- Dee Inman’s video shows you exactly how the Ponto makes a difference in her life.
- Anglea Sabal’s designed a social media image that shares her Ponto point-of-view.
- Here’s Melissa Tumblin’s awesome video of her daughter, Ally’s, journey.
- Sonja Dadderio Herne went as far a creating a new blog that shares bone anchored hearing solution resources.
- Camilla Gilbert created incredibly honest and helpful videos: 1. Living Your Purpose with Microtia and 2. To Implant or Not.
Although all of the entries were incredibly, in the end, our panel of judges could only pick one winner. Today, we’re announcing that winner. Drumroll please…
Congratulations to Katie Maslar! Your sweet and inspirational designed social media post touched our hearts and perfectly articulates why “Sound Matters.”
We’d also like to give an honorable mention to Dee Inman and Angela Sabal, who’s votes came in close to those received for Katie’s submission! Thank you to each and every one of you who participated. Every single entry was amazing, and we’ll continue to share the wonderful content you’re creating.
Are you interested in creating designed social media posts? We introduced Canva at the Patient Advocacy Workshop, and that’s the tool Katie used to create her submission. Here’s a guide on how you can also create graphic designs without Photoshop. Interested in learning more about recording and sharing your own video? Here are some simple tips to get your started (hint: it’s easier than you think!).
Finally, if you’re interested in speaking to a Ponto advocate like Katie, or any of the community members who created these awesome submissions, click below and let us know. We’d be happy to connect you!